Through improved technology and innovation, Alaska Airlines is creating more convenience and less contact among guests and employees during travel.
New touch-free options for Alaska guests and employees will include the ability:
- To pre-order meals and purchase food and beverages on board using a stored credit card (pending return of food and beverage for purchase in main cabin).
- To print bag tags without having to touch check-in kiosks.
- For agents to scan boarding passes up to six feet away while boarding.
- To receive a text message instead of a printed boarding pass if guests don't already have the Alaska Airlines mobile app.
- To get an emailed receipt for baggage instead of printed receipt.
The Alaska Airlines mobile app is still the single best tool to limit contact while traveling. The Android and iPhone app allows guests to check in for their flight, generate a mobile boarding pass, change seats and prepay for bags. Guests can also stay up to date on their flight status, gate changes and boarding notifications.